Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentines' Cupcake Liner Wreath

Here is a little Cupcake Liner Wreath Tutorial!  I wanted to do something for Valentine's coming up and saw this floating around somewhere in blog land and knew I could tackle that!  Love how it turned out!





Here is what you need:
Valentine's cupcake liners ( I used 3 different colors)
Scrapbooking flower stickers (Michaels)
small Styrofoam round wreath
Ribbon
Hot glue gun


1. Fold the liner in half


2. Fold again, and then fold the very tip (look at pic)


Here is another angle of  step 2


3. Put a dot of hot glue on the folded tip and start lining the wreath.  If you notice in the above picture, I line them up in random rows of 3.


4. To make the "flower" just take a liner and flatten out. I hot glued this directly to the wreath.  I tried to place it on top of the liners but it just never looked right.



Here is a close up of the "flower" I also folded a different color liner in half and place it directly under the flat liner.  I use 2 folded white liners to create a sort of border.


Then I took the scrapbooking flowers and placed them directly in the center of the "flower".



I took some polka dot red ribbon and used florist pins to attach it to the back of the wreath.  Then just used a command strip on the back of the door to secure it.


Voila!!  I placed all the white in one section, all the pink together, and then all the red.  You can only tell if you get right up on it.  But, I'm very happy with it.  I think it is sweet!



I don't have much Valentine's decor, but I love what I have.  Hope you enjoy these few pictures!



Do you see that ratty kitty kat doll holding the heart?  She is 20 years old and was my very FIRST Valentine's gift from my Man!  I've kept her all these years and I always set her out.  He brought me that and a box of chocolates.  He was so cute!  Aw, to be 16 and just falling in love again.  I love that memory, but I love right now too!



I got this little LOVE glittered sign in the $1 section of Michael's last year.  Score!



I love the colors and the painted flower on this vintage chocolate box. 


 Old cards and postcards are little works of art to me.  This is one of my favorite Valentine cards I found.  It is from 1942!



So, there you have it!  Hope you go out and make you a Cupcake Wreath, because it was super duper easy!  Have a great weekend!

I am linking up here

Somewhat Simple
Between Naps on the Porch
Coastal Charm
My Uncommom Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style

27 comments:

  1. Our white christmas tree is still up!....now with hearts...
    i love valentine's day. I may have to make a wreath, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. You are so patient to put that together. Love your decorations. That vintage chocolate box is the best. I don't decorate for Valentine's but your decor looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute wreath and a fun time making it.

    On Valentine's Day when I was a child I remember so fondly my Daddy buying my mother a large red heart shaped box of candy and my sister and I the smaller size version of the same red heart box. I wish I had that box now!

    I also remember our elementary teachers making beautiful boxes from hat boxes and decorating them for the class to put their valentine cards in.

    Thank you for taking me down memory lane with your darling wreath.
    I must get out some decorations myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath turned out great!!! We have to make me one now! I still have my Thanksgiving yarn wreath up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wreath! Thanks for the instructions...maybe I'll try it! I love your V Day decor, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath! It's so cute - I might have to make one for myself!

    Love that you still have the stuffed animal from your husband. So sweet!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wreath!!! I was going to do a similar post on my blog tonight but got busy and didn't get the pictures taken. Maybe tomorrow. Very cute decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got to stop! I can't keep up. I have enough project to last me a lifetime and you keep adding to it. LOL Love the wreath too. May have to wait until next year for this one. Tee Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything "cupcake" and this is adorable.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure got my creative juices flowing! Thanks...
    I LOVE Valentine's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm soooo lovin' this sweet looking wreath...cute idea! I’m having a GIVEAWAY this week at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY…would love for you to come by to enter the giveaway and also link up to my PARTY…hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super, super cute! I made one a few weeks ago and I love how it turned out! I love how easy it was too! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is just too cute, inexpensive and something the kiddos can help me out with!

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some liners I bought last year on sale. I may have to make one too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness - this is beautiful! Who would think you could do this with cup cake liners! I just love it and you gave a great tutorial too.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this wreath! I so think I need to make one of these because I can never find a pretty valentine wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing, love this wreath, I made the coffee filter wreath for christmas. Getting dressed now and heading out to michaels to gather some supplies. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh - I just stumbled across you - and I am so glad I did!!! That wreath is ADORABLE!!!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling wreath! All of your valentine decor is wonderful! The vintage candy box is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it. Very cute. Maybe I'll try making one this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderfully cute and clever! Love your Valentine decor and your chippy white furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just came over from Coastal Charm to see this, and I'm glad I did. That is just soooo cute! How clever of you to come up with this idea. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this and LOVE your cake stand, where on earth did you get it? Been looking for one like that!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!